Find your charger
The SEAI grant and everything you need to know!
Claim up to €600 towards the purchase and installation of an EV home charger!
SEAI offers a government funded support scheme to help homeowners install EV charging points in their homes.
- Check if your EV is on the eligible vehicle list.
- The vehicle must have bought after 1st January 2018.
- The EV must be parked in an off-street parking location associated with the home and the EVSE must be connected to the fuse board of the home.
- The property can’t be associated with a previous EV vehicle grant and charge point offer.
- The EV has to be registered to the same address to where the charger is being installed.
- BEVs and PHEVs are eligible for this grant.
- Find out more about what criteria you vehicle needs in order to qualify.
How do I apply?
Complete the online application form. To complete the form, you’ll need:
- Your MPRN (meter point reference number), commonly found in the top right hand corder of your electricity bill (depending on the supplier).
- The application ID from your car dealer if the EV is a new car.
- Once approved, you'll receive a 'Letter of Offer' by post within 7 days. This will be issued with a payment request form.
- From there you'll have 6 months to carry out the installation.
- Once the installation is done, fill out the payment request form. Get your electrician to help. They need to provide you with a completed copy of the Certificate for Existing Installations.
- Post your completed payment request form to the address indicated on the form, along with:
- Certificate for Existing Installations
- Copy of the test record sheet from your electrician
- A copy of the vehicle registration form if your EV is not new and purchased in Ireland.
- Photographs of the installed charge point and your EV, showing the vehicle registration number.
Get our handy step-by-step PDF guide on how to apply for the grant.Get it now!
Book an installation
Speak to our experts
Visit the SEAI website, contact them by telephone on 1850 927 000 or email.